I’ve often heard the statement that hardware developers follow a more disciplined development process than software developers. What I haven’t heard much about is what it means to be disciplined and/or why that’s the case. So let’s open that discussion in hopes it takes us somewhere useful.
- How would you characterize a disciplined development process?
- What makes one team more disciplined than another?
- What’s the best example you’ve witnessed/heard of a team acting following disciplined development process?
- Why is it important to have a disciplined development process?
- Who follows a more disciplined approach to development: hardware or software? Why is that the case?
Those questions are for you so feel free to address any/all of them. No right or wrong answers to these questions, just opinions. Please share yours .